People are busy with work, school, and other activities, especially as the winter holidays get closer. To stay on schedule, be sure you take care of any recommended automotive repair so your car doesn’t leave you stranded out in the cold. The appropriate automotive service, performed at the recommended intervals, can save you hundreds of dollars in costly automotive repair. More importantly, timely automotive service could literally save your life in freezing conditions.
5 important automotive service issues to remember:
1. Regular Oil Changes — Have regular oil changes, including all other fluids and filters (coolant, brake and transmission) at the recommended intervals. Use high-quality filters–they are worth the extra cost.
2. Inspection of Brakes — Safe brakes are crucial. Have the braking system checked frequently. If the rotors and pads are worn out, don’t delay in having the appropriate brake repair.
3. Bright Lights — Make sure all your vehicle’s lights (both exterior and interior) are clean and working properly as the days get shorter and darker. New bulbs only cost a few dollars and are easy to install. Or you may want to ask the technicians at an automotive service center for assistance.
4. Clean Windshield -Replace your windshield wiper blades if they are more than six months old and keep the washer fluid reservoir filled. Be ready for those winter rain and snow storms.
5. Tire Service – Inspect tires frequently and make sure they have the right inflation pressure. Have your tires rotated on schedule, and replace any with tread that is worn too thin. Be sure the spare is in good condition too! Don’t get caught with an unexpected flat.
Spending time and money on quality automotive service is a good investment that pays big dividends, not only in the safety of you and your family and other motorists, but also better gas mileage and a vehicle that operates and brakes more efficiently!
Looking for quality automotive repair? Contact our ASE-certified technicians at A & C Automotive & Machine by calling 651-674-4733, or go online at http://aandcautomotive.com for more information about our automotive service. Since 1985, our auto shop has served vehicle owners in North Branch, MN, and in the surrounding areas of Harris and Stacy, MN.